Since our founding in 2000, African American Voter Registration, Education, and Participation (AAVREP)’s mission has been to increase African American and urban voter registration, education, and civic participation.
Through partnerships with community, labor and religious organizations, AAVREP empowers individuals and neighborhoods one vote at a time.
Throughout California history, black voters have been our most consistent Democratic voting block, standing strong against conservative efforts to roll back civil rights and equal opportunity.
From the State House to the White House, African Americans are currently leading the resistance to those who would destroy the progress we have made through 200 years of struggle.
What Some Call Work, We Call Commitment
* Registered more than 250,000 voters and counting (as verified by the Los Angeles County Registrar).
* Trained more than 5,000 Community-Based Team Members in voter registration and mobilization.
* Contacted nearly 400,000 households to help Get-Out-The-Vote at the door and on the phone.
* Developed a statewide email database of African Americans.
* Conducted extensive focus groups and polling of African American voters in state and local elections.
* Conducted Ecumenical Leadership meetings to educate and engage church congregations and encourage greater participation in the civic and political process.
* Strategically targeted and deployed Team Members to hundreds of precincts and polling places to help educate, persuade and turn out African American voters in local and state elections.